If you’d like us to support you and your family, we’ll arrange to come and visit you, to talk about how you’re doing and how we can help.
We know how important family is, so we’ll work with your whole to understand the best way for us to support you.
This might include:
• Home visits from our young carer advisor
• The chance to meet other young carers in a similar situation, who know what it’s like to care for somebody
• The chance to have some fun with other young carers on trips and activities
• The chance to talk about things that affect your life and to have your say on our Young Carers’ Council
• Support through big changes in your life, like moving to secondary school, choosing your subject options or moving into work or further education.
We want to work with you and your family to make sure that you can have the time and space to meet your friends, socialise and access the same opportunities as other young people.
You can talk to us openly and in the strictest confidence. We will not judge and will never pass on information without your consent unless someone is in danger.