We know that the coming weeks will be a challenge for a lot of us; spending more time at home and away from others. Whether we are social distancing, in self-isolation or shielding, below are some resources to help keep us busy, healthy and feeling good.
We will continue to update this, so please do share with us any suggestions you may have.
Mental health and wellbeing
- Tips for parents of anxious young carers when talking about Coronavirus
- Young Minds resources & ideas about things adults and young people can do to manage stress & anxiety they may experience in relation to coronavirus:
They also have a mental health advice line available for parents operating between
09:30am-4pm, Monday- Friday: 0808 802 5544
- Young Minds link on how to look after your mental health when self-isolating:
- Joe Wicks ‘The Body Coach’ live P.E lesson every day 9 a.m on YouTube. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Herts Sports Partnership have a great list of different ways to get the whole family moving. Follow the link and scroll down, includes Kids Yoga, Disney Dance-Along and Premier League Primary Stars: https://sportinherts.org.uk/coronavirus/#
- Online Safety guides for parents of primary and secondary aged children: https://thinkuknow.co.uk/professionals/our-views/parents-helpsheets/
- ‘Scouts: The Great Indoors’: Includes activities for age 6 – 14 year olds
- E-books: Audible are providing all children’s books for free
- Travel the world’s museums from your sofa:
- Science experiments, Key Stage 1 – Key Stage 4: